About the Role
As an early member of the Marker Learning Engineering team, you will be instrumental in building our student journey, from onboarding to evaluation and coaching.
- Be one the first engineers at an early-stage project, with opportunities for leadership and diversity of projects.
- Lead the design, implementation and deployment of new product features for both user-facing and internal solutions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally (design, operations, product) to understand the needs of external and internal users and identity high impact projects;
- Help lay the foundations of our engineering culture and practices.
About the Role
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent field) or relevant technical experience;
- 5+ years of product software engineering experience in a product development team as part of an agile team;
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
One or more of:
- Experience with React and TypeScript;
- Experience with Python and Django;
- Experience with cloud-based web applications, cloud computing services and Terraform;
- Experience with Relational DBs and data modeling.
Who you are
- Motivated by Marker Learning’s mission to provide affordable and accessible psycho-educational evaluations to all students who need it;
- Experienced with multiple parts of the stack or expert in one part of the stack and willing to delve into other layers.
- Lifelong learner, always curious to broaden or deepen your knowledge on different layers of the stack or understanding Marker’s context to maximize your impact.
- Stronger project owner who learns tools and technologies and prototypes or researches solutions to unblocks themselves.
- Team-oriented: you like contributing for a better team, making yourself and those around you better, by sharing learnings and experience, providing mentorship and supporting your teammates.
- Product-focused, you are driven by polished and complete solutions that provide great experiences to end-users and customers.
- A believer in reliable software and best practices: you want to move fast but you do not dispense writing high quality software, testing, and automation.
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Marker Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.