- Early Reading Power Up (Grades K-2)
- Designed for students who are beginning to read
- Students will discover phonemic and phonological awareness, basic sight words, and early writing skills
- Fun and engaging, phonics-based curriculum built on the Orton Gillingham approach
- Advanced Reading Power Up (Grades 3-5)
- Designed to help emerging readers build confidence and accelerate fluency, comprehension and spelling
- Phonics-based lessons built on the Orton Gillingham approach
- Elementary Math Boost (Grades K-5)
- Designed for students who need extra support in developing foundational math skills
- Lessons will cover areas such as basic number sense, arithmetic, basic equations, elementary-level geometry, and word problems
- Games, movement and other multi-sensory approaches ensure lessons are fun and engaging
- Middle School Math Boost (Grades 6-8)
- Designed to support incoming or current middle schoolers
- Prepares students to take on concepts like number systems, geometry, probability and statistics, and problem solving
- Executive Functioning Skills Camp
(All ages + abilities)
- Designed to support development of executive functioning skills, such as study skills, organization, time management, working memory, and focus
- Students will be matched with age-appropriate groups and participate in interactive, goal-oriented lessons with experienced coaches
Includes 8, 1-hr long sessions. $100 deposit due at registration
How it works
Pick your program and desired start date based on your child’s needs and schedule. All programs consist of 8, 1-hour long sessions over 4 weeks
Attend twice-weekly lessons with your small group on Zoom, following lessons tailored to the group’s needs
Receive detailed progress updates from your tutor/coach every two weeks
After the program is complete, you’ll receive a certificate of completion, and we’ll share recommendations for future learning plans
Frequently Asked Questions
Our summer programs are led by the same fantastic tutors and coaches that provide Marker’s 1:1 tutoring and coaching year-round. All our tutors and coaches are highly experienced educators who are hand selected for their ability to connect with and build up students virtually.
Yes! When you complete registration, you will have the opportunity to select one or multiple programs. You can register for as many programs as you’d like.
Yes! You can register multiple children for our summer programs. You will need to complete the registration process for each child separately.
If your child is already receiving 1:1 instruction with Marker, we suggest continuing with that program to avoid any disruption to your child’s progress. Summer programs will be structured differently than 1:1 support, and transitions will be difficult. That said, we encourage you to enroll your child in a summer program for a different support area!
The $100 deposit is refundable up to 5 days after you receive your confirmed start date and time, which will be on or before May 20th.
We will make every effort to place you in your preferred date and time slot. If we cannot place you in your first choice start date or program time, we will place you in another day/time slot that works for you. If, for some reason, we cannot place you in a program that fits your schedule, you will receive a full refund of your deposit.
We always take a structured approach to learning across all our programs, which ensures that we are covering all bases and supporting mastery of concepts before moving into new content. That said, the benefit of small groups and individualized instruction is we will always modify and customize our support to each student’s specific needs.
Students are grouped based on age, ability level, and desired focus area as much as possible. Our #1 goal is to provide a small-group that is leveled appropriately for your child and supports learning in a comfortable environment.
Yes! We offer 1:1 tutoring year-round, which you can sign up for at any point during or following your summer program. Many of our summer tutors and coaches also have availability throughout the year, so if you want to continue on with the same provider, we will do our best to make that work!
All programs consist of 8, 1-hour long sessions over 4 weeks